Orientation: TBD (Starting at 8:00 a.m.) Program Dates: July 5, 2021 - August 13, 2021
The Intern is responsible for assisting the Secondary Special Education Supervisor with the planning, management and evaluation of the Extended School Year Program (ESYP).
1. Assist the Special Education Supervisor in supervising the instructional programs at the ESYP.
2. Assist in planning and conducting faculty meetings, workshops and conferences.
3. Assist the Secondary Special Education Supervisor in supervising and evaluating teachers and support personnel.
4. Support the Special Education Supervisor in coordinating communication among classroom teachers, component school district personnel and parents.
5. Assist in conducting individual conferences with staff and in offering constructive feedback and recommendations for improvement.
6. Assist in the supervision of curriculum development and in the implementation/use of appropriate teaching strategies and instructional resources.
7. Assist in supervising the implementation of the Individualized Education Plans (IEP), student assessments and recommendations to districts on placement, programs and services for students with disabilities.
8. Prepare and maintain class and district lists.
9. Assist in directing matters affecting the operation of the classroom, i.e., approving requisitions, visitation days and field trips.
10. Prepare and maintain a portfolio of their experiences.
11. Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.