Orientation (New Staff Only): July 5, 2023 / Orientation (All Staff): July 6, 2023
Program Dates: July 10, 2023 - August 18, 2023
The Consultant Teacher is responsible for collaborating and assisting with the implementation of an instructional program designed to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities in inclusion models.
1. Assist in developing and implementing curricular adaptations/instructional strategies with the classroom teacher(s).
2. Serve as a liaison between the Special Education Department, special area teachers, parents, and other team members.
3. Participate in team meetings.
4. Collaborate with team members in the development of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
5. Communicate with parents regarding the educational program and progress of their child.
6. Assist in directing the activities of teacher aides.
7. Perform such other professional duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor of Special Education.