This position is responsible for scheduling student tutoring sessions, monitoring individual workloads, and assisting tutors with needed information, resources, and supplies, as appropriate. The person also completes clerical duties to support the Department for Exceptional Children.
1.Provide general clerical support; ie; filing, answering telephones, customer service, etc.
2. Support Tutoring, including but not limited to:
- Act as the liaison with school districts and work as the primary contact for scheduling student tutoring sessions
- Participate in the Tutor interview process
- Orient newly hired tutors
- Obtain and monitor supplies from the Curriculum and Materials Center
- Review time sheets and weekly reports
- Coordinate New York State examinations and test modifications for students
- Maintain program statistics and preparing monthly reports
- Support students when situations arise, ex. challenging behaviors
3. Support the needs of the department, including but not limited to:
- Provide clerical support and office organization
- Maintain databases, data, and records and compile data, as requested
- Coordination of meetings, ex. CSE meetings
- Utilize IEP/BOCES Direct. SchoolTool, and other systems for student records and information- enter, store, and retrieve information as requested, or as otherwise necessary.
- Work with Sharepoint sites to create, modify, and enhance records
- Monthly student billing
- CRC support
- Serve as a point of contact and provide information or refer inquiries to proper personnel.
4. Performs other such duties as may be assigned by Exceptional Children administration and Special Education Supervisor.
Must possess or meet requirements for Civil Service title Office Clerk II, III or IV. Clerical experience strongly preferred, including word processing and data base knowledge.
Clerk II - High School diploma and 3 years full or part time or volunteer equivalent office clerical or secretarial experience; or an Associate's degree in Secretarial Science, Office Technology or a closely related field plus one (1) year of office clerical or secretarial experience.
Clerk III - High School diploma and 2 years paid full-time or part-time or volunteer equivalent office clerical or secretarial experience; or an Associate’s degree in Secretarial Science, Office Technology or a closely related field.
Clerk IV - Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma.