Provide clerical accounting, fiscal and general office support to the Assistant Business Official to foster timely, accurate, and collaborative financial, statistical, and budget activities for the department.
1. Provide general office and clerical accounting support to the Assistant Business Official.
2. Plan, schedule and facilitate financial activities, verification of funds, and coding of various forms, requests, and other source documentation submitted to the department, i.e. invoices, check requests, consultant forms, extra compensation forms, timesheets, purchase orders, conference requests, mileage sheets, and service requests.
3. Compile, track, verify, data-enter, and reconcile financial data with other financial records and accounting balances, i.e. service requests, billing, budget and revenue accounts.
4. Prepare and distribute routine financial, statistical, budget and other information as appropriate.
5. Act as liaison between the Department and BOCES Finance Departments to engage, confer and assist with tasks such as budgeting, billing, purchasing, accounts payable and justifications.
6. Routinely and actively uses the BOCES accounting system and spreadsheets/workbooks, and other computer programs and systems to handle duties.
7. Assists staff with facilitating, completing, and processing financial paperwork.
8. Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Business Official.