Orientation TBD Program Dates: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019
Responsible for designing and teaching a physical education program that is aligned with the NYS standards. The instructional program is directed towards maximizing progress in academic areas and meeting the individual needs of students at risk and/or with special needs. The Physical Education Teacher supports students enrolled in the Extended School Year Program.
1. Develop and teach an effective Physical Education program to meet the instructional objectives of students consistent with the new standards of New York State Educational Department.
2. Design and implement a differentiated curriculum appropriate to student needs and performance with an interdisciplinary approach.
3. Participate in appropriate professional development activities.
4. Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and district and parent conferences to review the students progress.
5. Perform such other professional duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.