Orientation TBD Program Dates: July 8, 2019 - August 16, 2019
The Special Education Teacher is supporting classrooms. This could include helping to develop and implement instructional programs designed to maximize the academic progress and meet the individual needs of students with special needs enrolled.
1. Act as an Instructional Coach.
2. Assist with planning and instruction of professional development offerings including but not limited to New Teacher Training-(specifically Classroom Management and Elements of Instruction).
3. Facilitate with supervisors the implementation of PBIS across BOCES special education programs.
4. Facilitate the implementation of the department’s student data management system-(School Tool) from individual teacher to the program data level. This would include review of student records and academic programs to insure that students are meeting necessary requirements based on their identified outcomes.
5. Coordinate special projects as assigned by Assistant Director. Examples include commencement planning (ex. ordering commencement credentials).
6. Monitor/purchase instructional materials/periodicals/newspapers/site licenses.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.