This program will begin in the early Fall, 2019. Interviews may be scheduled in the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2019. Please apply as soon as you confirm your interest in the program.
This program is open to graduate and undergraduate candidates. You must be available to work between one (1) and five (5) days per week during a typical school day and willing to substitute in a variety of content areas. It is designed as a semester-based program that is available in the fall and spring. If you are accepted by the program and agree to participate, you will need to attend an orientation, 4 professional development sessions and 2 seminars throughout the semester.
1. Review IEP’s and behavior plans of students in the class.
2. Carry out instructional activities per the substitute plans.
3. Manage the classroom with student behaviors and needs.
4. Collaborate with the staff in the classroom to help the students have a successful day.
5. Come prepared with instructional activities in the event that substitute plans are not available.