The Signing Skills Coach uses sign language to assist the student's communication, academic, physical, and emotional needs.
- Use sign language with the student to include (as needed):
- Serve as an appropriate language model
- Sign what the teacher and others say
- Voice for the student
- Teach sign language to the student and others in the student’s environment
2. Be flexible according to classroom need among the following:
- One on one
- Small group
- Provide expressive interpreting/transliterating in the classroom and special events during the day
3. Develop motivational strategies and necessary skills to help the student successfully participate in mainstream or included settings.
4. Follow the established behavior/discipline plan under the direction of the classroom teacher.
5. Assist with the student’s physical, emotional, and academic needs.
6. Participate in any and all student centered meetings to design and implement the appropriate educational program for the student.
7. Participate in professional development and departmental activities.
8. Collaborate with teachers, parents, students, and other support personnel to promote and establish positive working relationships.
9. Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor