- Collaborate with teachers to promote and establish a good working environment. This includes:
a. Deciding logistics i.e. seating, when to ask questions, etc.
b. Providing a copy of class notes if desired and soliciting feedback
c. Explaining responsibilities and the need to be in the classroom
d. Securing copies of all books, information, worksheets, etc. handed out to students
- Initiate contact with parents to discuss concerns, questions and suggestions regarding notetaking in the classroom.
- Work with students to develop an understanding of how to maximize utilization of notetaking service. Review notes with the student to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Attend class as per the students schedule, including times when the student is legally absent, and take clear, concise and unbiased notes of all film strips, videos, movies, and assemblies following established guidelines provided. It is important that the Notetaker:
* Be punctual for each class
* Record a detailed account of the content of each class
* Mark points of emphasis by underlining, capitalizing etc.
* Indicate the speaker
* Define difficult vocabulary, idioms, etc.
* Use complete sentences
* Use examples, diagrams and illustrations as possible
* Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.