Orientation: July 1 & 2 (Starting at 8:00 a.m.) Program Dates: July 6, 2020 - August 14, 2020
The Teacher of the Blind/Visually Impaired provides instructional support to classroom teachers and blind/visually impaired students in multiple service locations.
1. Provide individual orientation and mobility assessments of students with visual impairments.
2. Provide support to faculty working with students with visual impairments in areas of teaching strategies, environmental modifications and selection of appropriate travel devices and low vision aides.
3. Provide information to parents of children with visual impairments.
4. Complete Individual Educational Plans for individual students.
5. Provide direct service to individual students in those skills of Orientation and Mobility which will develop or increase the abilities of Visually Impaired children in traveling safely, independently and effectively, in any setting.
6. Maintain communication with administrators, teachers and supportive personnel regarding the educational programs for students with visual impairments.
7. Participate in staffing conferences and committee on Special Education meetings to review the programs of students.
8. Maintain necessary records.
9. Serve as an instructor in workshops offered to Special Education staff, participating school district staff and other instructional groups, as appropriate.
10. Perform other such professionally related duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.