Orientation: July 1 & 2 (Starting at 8:00 a.m.) Program Dates: July 6, 2020 - August 14, 2020
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides health education to parents and staff, monitors mandated screenings and physical evaluations, administers medication and other treatments as prescribed, and maintains health related data for children enrolled in the school age program.
1. Assesses, plans and evaluates the health needs of students and staff.
2. Administers medications and treatments per health care providers= orders and parental written authorization based on established guidelines and district policy.
3. Follows communicable disease control procedures and informs and advises administration and parents regarding school exclusion and readmission.
4. Provides care for student illnesses and accidents. Completes required reports as per school policies and protocols.
5. Assists with pediatric neuro-developmental consultation.
6. Manages mandated school screening programs and follow up for vision and hearing.
7. Reports physical and sexual abuse and neglect as mandated by law.
8. Completes a monthly statistical report regarding services provided.
9. Plans with administrators, teachers and other school personnel to modify the school environment for students with special needs.
10. Consults with nurse practitioners for problems outside their area of practice.
11. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.