Orientation: July 1 & 2 (Starting at 8:00 a.m.) Program Dates: July 6, 2020 - August 14, 2020
The Teacher of the Blind/Visually Impaired provides instructional support to classroom teachers and blind/visually impaired students in multiple service locations.
1. Provide individual assessments of students with visual impairments.
2. Provide support to faculty working with students with visual impairments in areas of teaching strategies, environmental modifications and selection of materials.
3. Provide information to parents of children with visual impairments.
4. Complete Individual Educational Plans for individual students.
5. Provide direct service to individual students in content areas.
6. Maintain communication with administrators, teachers and supportive personnel regarding the educational programs for students with visual impairments.
7. Participate in staffing conferences and Committee on Special Education meetings to review the programs of students.
8. Maintain necessary records.
9. Perform other such professionally related duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.